Self-Improvement List for 2012
- Get motorcycle license -- got it!
- Take one fencing class -- done!
- Lower resting heart rate from 72 to below 65 -- resting heart rate is now around 60 bpm
- Lift/squat/press more than my bodyweight of 105 lbs -- see below
- Do 5 pull-ups -- can only do up to 3
- Read 12 books, at least 2 non-fictions -- read 16 books, 6 of them are non-fictions
Looking back, the list was kind of stupid but it was a list nonetheless. I have accomplished the majority of the list.
Earlier this year, I was a pile of flabby fatty mass. Through the help of Helen and Dave, I learned to weight lift and I love it. I can dead lift 165-170 pounds, squat 145-155 pounds, and bench press at a maximum of 70 pounds. Yes, I realized that I failed at bench pressing my own weight. However, everything was a great improvement since I started out dead lifting 60 pounds, squatting 60 pounds, and bench pressing 30 pounds.
List of other things I did in 2012
1. I went out of my comfort zone and took 3 pole dancing classes. They kicked my ass and it felt great. I will continue to do things outside of my comfort zone.
2. I crocheted a Hobbes and a Batman.
4. I met a lot of dogs.
6. Had way too many culinary adventures to count.
7. Suppy came to live with me.
8. Bought my very first Macbook. I still don't know how to use it well.
9. Learned that I'm in love.
10. Started to crochet a granny square blanket. I'm 15% done.
11. Started Invisalign.
12. Learned to crochet the broomstick stitch.
13. Took a bunch of classes while working and got really good grades.
With this new year, I intend on learning new skills, improve my health and self-image, be outside of my comfort zone, and be happier.